The Deposit Protection Service (The DPS)
The DPS is your one-stop shop for tenancy deposit protection, offering a choice of custodial or insurance-based protection. Whether you're a landlord letting agent or organisation, you'll have peace of mind that your tenant's deposit will be protected by one of the largest suppliers of deposit protection in the UK.
Choose a DPS deposit protection scheme to suit your needs:
- The DPS Custodial Scheme is open to all letting agents, landlords and organisations
- There are no membership fees or qualifying criteria to fulfil
- The DPS will safeguard the deposit throughout the period of the tenancy and repay the funds to the appropriate parties
- All funds are ring fenced and held in accordance with client money regulations
- All deposits are repaid within 2 calendar days on receipt of a jointly authenticated repayment instruction
- No registration or annual renewal fees
- You retain the deposit and protection will be provided to your tenant for the duration of the tenancy
- Competitively priced
- Available to landlords and organisations on a 'pay as you go', per tenancy basis
- Letting agents will be required to be associated with, members of or accredited by RICS, ARLA, NAEA, NALS, UKALA or The Law Society and will be required to agree to monthly invoicing paid by direct debit
- Volume discounts may be available for letting agents – please contact us for further details
- Landlords and letting agents can access online accounts 24/7 and submit deposits in minutes, allowing you to concentrate on doing business, not paperwork.
- We are not affiliated to any particular trade body and offer an independent and free Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) service which aims to resolve any disputes quickly and without the need for court action.
- All deposit funds are held in accordance with Financial Services Authority client money regulations and managed by Computershare Investor Services Plc, a global business with more than ten years deposit protection experience.
Our Pricing Table will help you to decide which scheme is right for you.
Registration is simple and quick - we just need your contact details and your agreement to our general terms and conditions. You will then be sent an activation email, and can start to submit deposits to be protected by The DPS. Join The DPS online using our registration page. On registration or submission of your first deposit through either of our schemes, you will need to accept the appropriate terms and conditions of that scheme.