Giving something back to the communities we work with
We’ve come a long way since our launch in 2007 and we currently protect over 1.2 million deposits.
With this success, we feel it’s important to give something back to the communities we work with, particularly the housing sector. This is why we launched The DPS Charity Donations Fund in 2014, to help support charities that do amazing work for a range of housing-related issues.
How the Fund works
Every quarter we donate up to £20,000 to worthy causes relating to housing and the private rented sector. Our committee meets quarterly to review applications from charities and decide how best to allocate awards. The committee judges applicants against our submission criteria and evaluates how well each applicant best fulfils the aims of The DPS Charity Fund.
We welcome submissions from any charities focusing on issues related to housing and/or the private rented sector. If you’ve been unsuccessful with a previous submission, please don’t be discouraged – we’d love to hear from you again.
Don’t miss your chance to apply for funding, applications for this quarter will be accepted up to 30 March 2017. See more details about how to apply below.
Our charity fund awards so far
Bosco Society Limited
Back on Track Housing
P.A.T.H (Plymouth Access to Housing)
YMCA DownsLink Group
We will not provide any funding for the following:
- General area improvements, without specific objectives reported
- Marketing or promotion of a particular charity
- Religious charities
- Research projects
- Charity attendance at events
- Running costs (e.g. utility bills, rental or room hire costs, stationery)
- Office equipment (e.g. furnishings, electronics)
- Travel and subsistence
Who can apply?
If you want to apply for funding from our Charity Donations Fund you must meet the following criteria:
- Your charity must be working within the UK
- Your charity must be registered and be able to provide a UK charity registration number
- Your charity must help to directly improve and benefit the quality of housing in the private rented sector
- Your charity should look to support developments and provide benefits in the long term
Before you apply, please read our Terms and Conditions as these contain more detail about our eligibility criteria, and by following them you'll increase your chances of receiving an award.
How to apply
Alternatively, applications can be sent by post to the following address:
The Deposit Protection Service
Please note we expect to receive a high volume of requests throughout the year and therefore will not be able to respond to every application.