Frequently Asked Questions

Maintaining Tenant Details

  • How do I advise you of their email address or mobile phone number?
    It is the tenant's responsibility to update their own details. The lead/sole tenant of a deposit can update the email address or mobile phone number of tenants via their online account.

    Please note changes to tenant details will also be made by The DPS at the tenant’s request.

  • How do I update their forwarding address?
    The lead/sole tenant of a deposit must update their forwarding address via their online account.

    It is the tenant's responsibility to update their own details.

  • Who will receive acknowledgment/notification of transactions and changes?
    The DPS sends all transactional notifications to the agent/landlord, sole/lead tenant and additional tenants. Information will be sent by post or email, depending on whether The DPS holds a valid email address for the individual parties concerned.
  • I have submitted a deposit and some of the tenancy details are incorrect, how do I correct them?
    Please provide details of the correction that needs to be made using our Online Form. We will then correct the error or contact you further if necessary.
  • Why has my tenant’s personal details disappeared from the deposit information?
    The Data Protection Act 1998 provides that personal data must only be kept for so long as is necessary to provide the services. In order to comply with this law, all personal data relating to tenants is deleted from our systems six months after a deposit has been repaid.

Contact Us

The Deposit Protection Service
The Pavilions
Bridgwater Road
BS99 6AA

Or call our dedicated help line on 0330 303 0030.

Our customer service centre operates Monday to Friday from 08:00 – 18:30.

Copyright © 2011 Deposit Protection Service, a trading name of Computershare Investor Services Plc. All rights reserved. Registered address: The DPS, The Pavilions, Bridgwater Road, Bristol, BS99 6AA.