The tenant hasn’t engaged with the process, can I still claim for deductions?

If your tenant can't be contacted, or has failed to respond to your claim for deductions 14 calendar days after the tenancy has ended, then you can use the Statutory Declaration process to continue your claim.

The Statutory Declaration process

You’ll need to complete a Statutory Declaration stating the amount you're claiming, and the reasons why. This must be witnessed by a Solicitor, a Commissioner for Oaths or a Magistrate. If it isn’t witnessed, we can’t accept it and will send it back to you, meaning the process will take longer. You can fill out and print a Statutory Declaration online, or you can give us a call and we'll post one to you.

Once we've received your correctly completed Statutory Declaration, we’ll notify your tenant, letting them know that if we have no response within 14 calendar days, then we’ll pay you the amounts you’ve claimed.

If your tenant responds, and disagrees with your claim, they must do so in writing within 14 calendar days.

We’ll let you know the reasons why they disagree with you, and you'll then have 14 calendar days to accept or disagree with your tenant's claims and submit any evidence.

All of this evidence, along with the reasoning on your declarations will be sent to our Dispute Resolution Service and an independent adjudicator will make a decision as to the amounts you should both receive. 

I can’t access my online account to start the repayment process

If you're having difficulty logging in, give us a call on 0330 303 0030.